The Little Bonnechere River
is an ideal destination for school trips that blend natural and cultural
heritage education with outdoor active play.
2019 Dates: June 3 to June 21
To book: email us or call 613-757-2103
and ask about School Trips.
We will help you plan a day of experiential outdoor activities based on a wide variety of themes and topics, including:
• Play turtle tag
• See and touch life-size models of Ontario at-risk turtles
• Learn how to help save turtles
• Excavate an archaeological square
• Screen soil for artifacts
• See, touch and repair artifacts
• Play pioneer games
• Leave a message on the chalk-talk board
• Visit the Book Tree: Take a book, leave a book, read a book!
Download the 2019 Guide to School Programs
Designed to Move
Turtle Survival - What are the Odds?
Turtles and the Ecosystem
Pioneer Chores and Games
SCHOOL TRIP AGENDA
Arrive at Bonnechere Provincial Park
9:45 am to Noon
Interpretive outdoor program including running, seeking and sensory games, and role-playing activities featuring the natural and cultural heritage of the Ottawa Valley.
1:00 pm to 2:30
A second experiential program OR recreation time on the beach including games and swimming (schools must
Depart for home
Modified programming and indoor facilities are available
in the event of inclement weather.
Bus transportation to Bonnechere is
the responsibility of the school.